posted by Chloé .
1. In the following diagram, the green ball changes direction after colliding with the red ball because the red ball has more momentum.
2. What is the momentum of a 20.0 kg scooter traveling at 5.00 m/s.
4.00 kg m/s
20.0 kg m/s
25.0 kg m/s
100 kg m/s <----
3. Which of the following describes the relationship between friction and inertia?
When there is more friction, there is less inertia
When there is less friction, there is more inertia
When there is more friction, there is more inertia <----
When there is no friction, there is more inertia
4. Jellyfish sometimes squeeze in the sides of their bodies. This pushes a stream of water from the back end of their bodies. According to Newton's third law of motion, how will this behavior affect the movement of the jellyfish?
The jellyfish will move forward
The inertia of the jellyfish will increase <----
the Jellyfish will move backward
The jellyfish will stay still.
5. Which of the following would have less momentum than a 52 kg cheetah at 10 m/s
a 71 kg lion running at 10 m/s
a 45 kg zebra running at 13 m/s <---
a 5,000 kg elephant walking at 1 m/s
a 61 kg zebra running at 8.0 m/s
6. According to Newton's third law of motion, if a rolling ball collides with a wall and exerts a force of 3N on that wall, how much force does the wall excerpt back on the ball?
3 N <---
7. After an avalanche, a huge block of stone slid down a mountain and landed in the middle of a road. People in the nearby town had a very difficult time moving it out of the road. The block of stone is difficult to move because
it has a high amount of momentum
has balanced forces acting on it
it has a high amount o inertia
has unbalanced forces acting on it <---
8. Which of the following statements is true about a collision between two cars?
The total momentum after the collision is the same as the total momentum before the collision
The total momentum after the collision is greater than the total momentum before the collision <--
The total momentum after the collision is less than the total momentum before the collision
The total momentum after the collision is zero.