posted by ms.sue help .
On a television talk show, a guest claims that people who exercise vigorously for 15 minutes or more every day are able to solve math problems more rapidly than people who have no vigorous exercise in their daily routine.
Describe a controlled experiment that could be conducted to test this claim. In your description be sure to:
• state the purpose of the experiment
• state why the sample to be used should be large
• describe how the experimental group will be treated and how the control group will be treated
• state the specific data to be collected during the experiment
• state one way to determine if the results support the claim
my answer i just need t word it better
) Determine if exercise improves the rate at which math problems are solved. A large sample size Will increase the validity/reliability of the experiment; (3) One group (the experimental group) will exerciseand the other group (the control group) will not exercise; (4) speed of solving math problems OR number of math problemssolved in a certain amount of time OR how fast math problems can be solved; (5) See if the experimental group solved math problems more rapidly than the control group. OR Compare the number of math problems solved by the experimental and controlgroups in a given time period.
"speed of solving math problems" = "how fast math problems can be solved"
Why is "OR" in caps?
5. "...See if the experimental group solved math problems significantly more rapidly than the control group." There may be a difference, but it needs to be statistically significant.
Otherwise, except for typo errors, it looks good.
ok thank you