Health (Ms. Sue)
posted by Anonymous .
"Cameron and Tony walked up to the counter at the convenient store. "What are you getting?" asked tony. "Nothing I'm out of cash," replied Cameron. "Didn't you have a bunch of money last week?" asked Tony. "Yeah, but I spent it on cigarettes." "Man, that just doesn't seem worth it. If you have a finite income, you should save it for the stereo system you wanted." "I know. Cigarettes keep getting more and more expensive, but I've been smoking for years. I can't stop," said Cameron. "It's not like quitting is impossible," replied Tony."
1. Write a paragraph discussing things that Cameron could do to make quitting easier. What could Tony do to help his friend quit smoking?
A: Cameron could set a quitting date, mark his progress, become involved in other activities, and reward himself to make quitting easier. Tony could contribute to this by encouraging his friend to seek support from support groups?
2. One reason that tobacco products are so expensive is that the U.S. government charges taxes that consumers must pay when they but tobacco. Why do you think the government keeps raising these taxes?
1. Two sentences don't make a paragraph. Some of these articles will give you information to add to your paragraph.
2. What do you think?
1. A: Cameron could set a quitting date, mark his progress, become involved in other activities, and reward himself to make quitting easier. He could use nicotine replacement therapy, a form of medicine that delivers a small amount of nicotine to the body to help a person quit smoking. He could also use other methods of quitting smoking such as withdrawal. Tony could contribute to this by encouraging his friend to seek support from support groups?
2. I believe that the government continues to raise these taxes because more tobacco products are being sold?
Your paragraph is much better.
Your second answer makes no sense.
I honestly do not know of what the answer to the second question is. I was merely trying to guess.
One word for the tax on cigarettes is sin tax. Few people will argue that excessive taxes on liquor and tobacco are unfair. Most citizens are glad that someone else pays a large share of taxes. In addition, some people in government hope that high taxes will discourage smoking.
booboo you are worthless