posted by Anonymous .
1. Eliza Savage received a statement from her bank showing a checking account balance of $324.18 as of
January 18. Her own checkbook shows a balance of $487.38 as of January 29. The bank returned all of
the cancelled checks but three. The amounts of these three checks are $15.00, $77.49, and $124.28. How
much did Eliza deposit in her account between January 18 and January 29?
2. John and Mary Billings own a condominium with an assessed value of $110,000. If the tax rate is 25
mills per $1.00 of assessed valuation, how much tax do they pay?
3. The letter of application is intended to
A. accompany your portfolio.
(B). outline your value to a prospective employer.
C. find out what the prospective employer has to offer.
D. remind the prospective employer of your recent interview.
4. The tax rate on Ned Topolino's $112,000 vacation home is 25 mills. The property is assessed at full
value. How much will Ned pay in taxes this year?
5. Dawn Lingua bought three yards of cloth to make some curtains. The cloth was on sale for $2.25 per
yard. How much did Dawn pay for the cloth if the sales tax was 5%?
6. Victor Malaba has a net income of $1,240 per month. If he spends $150 on food, $244 on a car
payment, $300 on rent, and $50 on savings, what percent of his net income can he spend on other things?
(A). 64 percent
B. 40 percent
C. 300 percent
D. 43 percent
7. Jose Rodriguez's checking account had a starting balance of $1,234.56. He wrote a check for $115.12
for plumbing supplies and a check for $225.00 for a loan payment. Yesterday he deposited $96.75 in his
checking account. What is Jose's current balance?
8. Mary Palm's checking account had a starting balance of $785.63. She wrote a check for $57.00 for
groceries and a check for $125.00 for a car payment. Yesterday she deposited $57.25 in her checking
account. What is Mary's current balance?
9. Jim paddles from one shore of a lake three miles wide at 4 mph, and John paddles from the opposite
shore at 5 mph. How long will they travel before they meet?
A. 20 minutes
B. 3 hours
(C). 27 minutes
D. 1 hour, 24 minutes
10. Phil Smith is a car salesman. Last week his total sales amounted to $27,650.00, and he received
$1,382.50 in commission. What is his rate of commission?
A. 17 percent
B. 4.8 percent
(C). 5 percent
D. 23 percent
11. The tax rate on Harriet Walker's $80,000 vacation home is 20 mills. The property is assessed at full
value. How much will Harriet Walker pay in taxes this year?
12. Glenn Andrews recently bought a new motorbike for $3,950. If he had to pay 6 percent sales tax on
the bike, what was the total cost of the bike?
13. Suppose your bank honors a check for which you don't have sufficient funds in your checking account.
This action means that you've arranged beforehand for a/an
(A). overdraft loan.
B. installment loan.
C. personal loan.
D. mortgage loan.
14. Ralph Jordan recently bought a new lawnmower for $228.00. If he had to pay 6% sales tax on the
lawnmower, what was the total cost of the lawnmower?
15. The gross income of Ginger Hughes is $215 per week. Her deductions are: $15.16, FICA tax; $29.33,
income tax; 2% state tax; 1% city tax; and 3% retirement fund. What is her net income?
16. If three bags of birdseed cost $14.16, how much will 14 bags cost?
17. The gross income of David Vaughn is $785 per week. His deductions are $42.25, FICA tax; $90.33,
income tax; 2% state tax; 1% city tax; and 3% retirement fund. What is her net income for one week?
18. How many feet are there in 24 yards?
19. Carlos Martin received a statement from his bank showing a balance of $56.75 as of March 15th. His
checkbook shows a balance of $87.37 as of March 20. The bank returned all the cancelled checks but two.
One check was for $5.00 and the other was for $13.25. How much did Carlos deposit in his account
between the March 15 and the March 20?
Which one's are not correct?