Post a New Question

STATISTICS

posted by .

In a cross-sectional study of heart disease and gender in middle-aged men and women, 10% of men in the sample had prevalent heart disease compared with only 5% of women in the sample. After adjusting for age in multivariate logistic regression, the odds ratio for heart disease comparing males to females was 1.1 (95% confidence interval: 0.79—1.43). What conclusions can you draw?

A) Being male increases your risk of heart disease.
B) Age is a confounder of the relationship between gender and heart disease.
C) The men in the study are younger than the women in the study.
D) There is a statistically significant association between gender and heart disease.
E) The study had insufficient power to detect an effect

  • STATISTICS -

    is it e or b?

  • STATISTICS -

    B) Age is a confounder of the relationship between gender and heart disease.

  • STATISTICS -

    C

Respond to this Question

First Name
School Subject
Your Answer

Similar Questions

  1. college psychology

    Which of the following is FALSE? -Chinese American infants have the lowest mortality rate - In the United State, physicians view physical complaints from men the same as they do from women - African Americans have higher rates of hypertension
  2. Statistics

    A recent study was designed to compare smoking habits of young women with those of young men. A random sample of 150 women revealed that 45 smoked. A random sample of 100 men indicated that 25 smoked. At the 0.05 significance level …
  3. Statistics

    The mean serum cholesterol level in the population of males who do not develop heart disease is known to be 219 mg/100 ml. Suppose you perform a study to investigate whether the mean serum cholesterol levels in males who do develop …
  4. statistics

    The heights of women aged 20 to 29 follow approximately the N (64, 4) distribution. Men the same age have heights distributed as N (69.8, 1.1). What percent of young women are taller than the mean height of young men?
  5. statistics

    A random sample of 250 men yielded 175 who said they'd ridden a motorcycle at some time in their lives, while a similar sample of 215 women yielded only 43 that had done so. Find a 99% confidence interval for the difference between …
  6. Statistics

    A random sample of 250 men yielded 175 who said they'd ridden a motorcycle at some time in their lives, while a similar sample of 215 women yielded only 43 that had done so. Find a 99% confidence interval for the difference between …
  7. STATISTICS

    Length of Hospital Stays: The average length of “short” hospital stays for men is slightly longer thatn that for women: 5.2 days vs. 4.5 days. A random sample of recent hospital stays for both men and women revealed the following. …
  8. statistics

    To find out what people think, the Gallup Poll selected a random sample of 520 women and 506 men. The pollsters showed them a list of personal attributes and asked them to indicate whether each attribute was “generally more true …
  9. math

    A study conducted an experiment with 22,000 women over 10 years to investigate whether a high-stress job leads to heart problems. The study concluded that all women in high-stress jobs are 70% more likely to have a heart attack than …
  10. Math 120

    Heart disease was the leading cause of death for women in the United​ States, killing​ 292,188 women in​ 2009-that was approximately one in every four female deaths. What is the chance of two non-related women in a row both having …

More Similar Questions

Post a New Question