posted by Mitch .
Find the equation of the line and write your answer in the slope-intercept form.
1. Has a y-intercept of 5 and a slope of
2. Has a slope of -5 and a y-intercept of 2/3.
3. Has a slope of -3 and contains (4,9).
4. Has a slope of 4/9 and contains (0,-2)
5. Contains the points (4,5) and (6,12).
the slope-y intercept equation has the form
y = mx + b , where m is the slope and b is the y-intercept
so for the first 2 questions it is simply a matter of putting in the given values
for the next two , we are given the slope but not the intercept
so for 3. start with
y = -3x + b
but (4,9) lies on it , so
9 = -3(4) + b
21 = b
equation is y = -3x + 21
Do #4 the same way
For #5 , first find the slope , then proceed just like I did in #3