posted by rfvv .
1. What do you want to be in the future?
- I want to be a certified real estate agent.
2. What do you want to become in the future?
-I want to become a certified real estate agent.
3. What do your parents want you to become?
- They want me to become a public prosecutor.
4. What do your parents want you to be?
- They want me to be a public prosecutor.
(Are the questions and answers all grammatical? Can we use both 'be' and 'become'? Which one is commonly used, 'be' or 'become'?)
Both are equivalent. Like the examples, which you use in the answer would probably depend on how the question is phrased.