posted by shay .
Reacting Mg with acid solution to form Mg salt and Hydrogen gas.
What are the:
1.general reaction type
2. Chemical equation include phase
3. complete ionic equation include phase
4. chemical equation for the reaction between magnesium with water
You need to start giving some of your thoughts first and/or explain exactly what you don't understand about the problem. When I give complete answers it means you don't learn how to do these problems yourself; it also means I'm doing your homework for you. The purpose of this web site is to HELP you do your homework. This is the last freebie; start showing your work and your thoughts.
Mg(s) + 2HCl(aq) ==> MgCl2(aq) + H2(g) is a single replacement reaction.
3. Convert everything to ions.
Mg(s) + H^+(aq) + Cl^-(aq) ==> Mg^2+(aq) + 2Cl^-(aq) + H2(g)
4. Mg(s) + 2HOH(l) ==> Mg(OH)2(s) + H2(g)