posted by Chris
Can someone check my answers for me?
True or False...
1. TRUE you should use a comma before the word “and.”
2. FALSE The following is a sentence fragment: It no longer flies.
3. TRUE In the following sentence, the ()'d word is used correctly: The (Jones’) controlled the South Side for years.
4. TRUE A participle is a noun word that acts like a verb.
5. FALSE The ()'d portion of the following sentence is an infinitive phrase: Malls are designed (to make shoppers feel safe).
6. TRUE The ()'d word in the following sentence is the correct pronoun: The committee voted to disband (itself).
7. FALSE The ()'d portion of the following sentence is an adjectival clause: The school began teaching parents (when adult literacy gained national attention).
8. TRUE In the following sentence, the ()'d portion is the main clause: Because it was directed at people who could not read, (advertising had to be inventive).
9. TRUE You should generally spell out units of measures and the names of places, people, and courses in formal writing assignments.
10. TRUE In the following sentence, the subject and the verb agree: Neither the owners nor the contractor agree.