math

posted by .

chandni purchased some parrots.20%flew away and 5% died.of the remaining 45% were sold.now 33 parrot remain.how many parrot Chandni purchased.

  • math -

    I will assume that 20% of the original, and 5% of the original.
    let the number he had be n
    so now he has 75% of x left or 3x/4
    of those he sold 45%, leaving him with 55% of the remaining

    (55/100)(3x/4) = 33
    times 400
    165x = 13200
    x = 13200/165 = 80

  • math -

    X=520/100

Respond to this Question

First Name
School Subject
Your Answer

Similar Questions

  1. English

    parrots,those life spance is no longer than 20 year.... is the use of the term "no longer" correct in this sentence?
  2. bio stats

    After a winter ice storm, 25 parrots are found sheltering in a tool shed. Ana traps the parrots, weighs them (average weight = 36 grams) and then feeds them. The next morning she find that 6 of the parrots have died. She weighs the …
  3. math

    John's specialty store uses a perpetual inveentory system. the following are some inventory transaction for the month of may 2009. John's purchased merchandise on account for $5,000. Freight charges of $300 were paid in cash.John's …
  4. Financial Accounting

    1. Post the following transactions of a restaurant to prepare the journal ledger and trial balance. Jan - 2011 Transaction Amount 5 Started the business with cash 2,50,000 10 Deposited in the bank 50,000 15 Purchased tables …
  5. English

    1. The lizard is walking on a branch. 2. The lizard is running on a branch. 3. The lizard is creeping on a branch. 4. The parrot is singing. 5. The parrot is chirping. 6. The parrot is twittering. (Can we use all the expressions?
  6. English

    Posted by rfvv on Monday, May 28, 2012 at 2:12am. 1. The lizard is walking on a branch. 2. The lizard is running on a branch. 3. The lizard is creeping on a branch. 4. The parrot is singing. 5. The parrot is chirping. 6. The parrot …
  7. college Mathematics

    I have been trying to figure this out for day's please help if you can. A survey of 59 customers was taken at a book store regarding the type of novels purchased. The survey found 34 customers purchased mysteries, 27 purchased science …
  8. algebra

    a survey of 70 customers was taken at a bookstore regarding the type of books purchased. the survey found that 42 customers purchased mysteries,35 purchased science fiction, 28 purchased romance novels,19 purchased mysteries and sicence …
  9. English

    Ponder about the parrot which shakes its head and sings when you walk through the door, bending its neck for the cozy touch of your fingers. Ponder about the cat that bends its back and moves on your shins as it makes a "meow" for …
  10. Maths

    Chandini purchased some parrots.20% flew away 5%died. Of the remaining 45%were sold. Now 33 parrots remain. How many parrots had chansini purchased?

More Similar Questions