Statistics

posted by .

Cellular Phone Sales The probability that a cellular phone company kiosk sells X number of new phone contracts per day is shown below. Find the mean, variance, and standard deviation for this probability distribution.

X

4

5

6

8

10

P (X)

0.4

0.3

0.1

0.15

0.05

What is the probability that they will sell 6 or more contracts three days in a row?

Respond to this Question

First Name
School Subject
Your Answer

Similar Questions

  1. math

    your cellular phone plan costs $11 per month plus $.12 per minute of phone usage.you want to pay no more then $20 per month.What are the most number of minutes (m) that you can allow for phone calls each month?
  2. statistics

    In a local cellular phone area, company A accounts for 70% of the cellular phone market, while company B accounts for the remaining 30% of the market. Of the cellular calls made with company A 2% of the calls will have some sort of …
  3. Statistics

    Working of a problem--I have found the mean, variance and the standard deviation from the following info: The probability that a cellular phone company Kiosk sells X number of new phone contracts per day is shown below---- X=4, 5, …
  4. Statistics

    Working of a problem--I have found the mean, variance and the standard deviation from the following info: The probability that a cellular phone company Kiosk sells X number of new phone contracts per day is shown below---- X=4, 5, …
  5. calculus

    a dvision of sellier industries manufacturers the perfect model cellular phone. the daily cost (in dollars) of producing these cellular phones is C(x) = 0.0002x^3-0.06x^2+120x+5000 where x stands for the number of units produced what …
  6. Math

    Hi can someone help me with this question. This is on my review. Thanks! The monthly cost C, in dollars, for international calls on a certain cellular phone plan is modeled by the function where x is the number of minutes used. (a) …
  7. Probability

    Suppose that you move to a new house and you are 10% sure that your new house's phone number is 561290. To verify this, you use the house's phone to dial 561290, obtain a busy signal, and conclude that this is indeed your phone number. …
  8. Maths Probability

    Suppose that you move to a new house and you are 10% sure that your new house's phone number is 561290. To verify this, you use the house's phone to dial 561290, obtain a busy signal, and conclude that this is indeed your phone number. …
  9. Statistics

    The proportion of students who own a cell phone on college campuses across the country has increased tremendously over the past few years. It is estimated that approximately 90% of students now own a cell phone and 10% do not own a …
  10. Probability

    Suppose that you move to a new house and you are 10% sure that your new house's phone number is 561290. To verify this, you use the house's phone to dial 561290, obtain a busy signal, and conclude that this is indeed your phone number. …

More Similar Questions