posted by Elmo Schnittka
Help me please.. Explain also :(
1. E is inversely proportional to Z and Z = 4 when E = 6.
2. P varies inversely as Q and Q = 2/3 when P = 1/2.
3.R is inversely proportional to the square of I and I = 25 when R = 100.
4. F varies inversely as the cube root of S and S = 64 when F = 4.
5. Z is inversely proportional to the sum of x and y and the sum of x and y is 10 when Z is 4
6. A varies inversely as the cube of b and b is 1/3 when a is 27
What are you supposed to do? Writethe equation that relates the two variables?
1. E*Z = 24, so E = 24/Z
2. P*Q = constant = (2/3)*(1/2) = 1/3, so P = 1/(3 Q)
6. a*b^3 = constant = 27*(1/3)^3 = 1
a = 1/b^3
You should be able to do the others.
K=2/6 or K= 1/3
y varies inversely as x. When y = 18, x = 6. Find the constant of variation and determine the value for y when x = 27
H varies directly as J and inversely with M. If the constant of variation is 3/4, find H when J=16 and M=24.