ENGLISH HW CHECK
posted by Anonymous .
Choose the correct answer for the ALL CAP word
1. My father always COMPLAINS that my sister's boyfriend is lazy.
2. Uncle Frisbee, who BE as bald as a grapefruit, buys every new hair-growing tonic he HAVE heard about on television.
a. be... has
b. bees... has
c. been... have
d. is... has
3. Why DO it happen that every time I DROP my toast, it FALL on the buttered side?
a. do... drop... falls
b. does... drop... falls
c. does... drops... falls
d. does... drop... fall
4. Several students in this class HAVE a near-perfect attendance record, but only one student in all the classes HAVE a perfect attendance record.
a. have... have
b. has... has
c. have... has
d. has... have
5. I must HAVE DROVE around the development for a half hour before I WAS ABLE TO FIND my brother's new house.
a. have droven... was able to found
b. have driven... were able to find
c. have drove... was able to fined
d. have driven... was able to find
COMPLETE THE SENTENCE
6. He went to the movies with his girlfriend after he
a. finish his homework.
b. finishing his homework.
c. finnish his homework.
d. had finished his homework.
7. More people are going back to college because
a. they want to improve their career situation.
b. they wants to improve their career situation.
c. they wanted to improve their career situation.
d. they had wanted to improve their career situation.
8. Some people wonder if the use of computers in today's professions
a. have help or hurt our ability to do our jobs.
b. have helped or hurt our ability to do our jobs.
c. has helped or hurt our ability to do our jobs.
d. has helped or hurted our ability to do our jobs.
9. Movies used to be about the dramatic plots and the intricate characters; now
a. they all seem to be about sex, gore, and special effects.
b. they all be about sex, gore, and special effects.
c. it is about sex, gore, and special effects.
d. movies, they all seem to be about sex, gore, and special effects.
10. Oscar Wilde once said that a marriage is comprised of two individuals:
a. one who never remembered anniversaries and one who never forgets them.
b. one who never remembered anniversaries and one who never forgetted them.
c. one who never remember anniversaries and one who never forget them.
d. one who never remembers anniversaries and one who never forgets them.
this is what i think the answers are:
Seventy percent of your answers are correct.
These are wrong: 5, 9, 10
what are the answers to these questions because i think that these are the right answers.
were you talking to me or the other person?
I was talking to Anonymous.
are my answers right????