posted by Chandler .
Given the following list from the activity se-
ries of metals (from most active to least ac-
K, Na, Al, Mn, Cr, Cd, Co, Pb, Hg
which reaction would you NOT expect to oc-
1. Na(s) +Mn2+(aq) ! Na+(aq) +Mn(s)
2. Co2+(aq) + Al(s) ! Al3+(aq) + Co(s)
3. Cd(s) + Pb2+(aq) ! Pb(s) + Cd2+(aq)
4. Al3+(aq) + Cr(s) ! Cr3+(aq) + Al(s)
5. All of the listed reactions will occur.
Metals will displace any ion below it in the activity series. For example, #1 will occur since Na (the metal) is above the Mn(ion).
wouldn't it be 4 because those are both in the activity series under the category that displaces H from steam?