Given the following list from the activity se-
ries of metals (from most active to least ac-
K, Na, Al, Mn, Cr, Cd, Co, Pb, Hg
which reaction would you NOT expect to oc-
1. Na(s) +Mn2+(aq) ! Na+(aq) +Mn(s)
2. Co2+(aq) + Al(s) ! Al3+(aq) + Co(s)
3. Cd(s) + Pb2+(aq) ! Pb(s) + Cd2+(aq)
4. Al3+(aq) + Cr(s) ! Cr3+(aq) + Al(s)
5. All of the listed reactions will occur.
Use an activity series to identify two metals that will not generate hydrogen gas when treated with an acid. We never did the activity and I don't know what the answer is. Please help. Thank you. Look in your text or notes for the …
Use the activity series of metals to write a balanced chemical equation for each single-replacement reaction. Zn(s) + AgNO3 (aq) --> NOTE: The three above is a subscript...it should be a small 3. Please explain how to figure out …
1) List a series of tests that would determine the order of activity (least active to most active) for Zn, Mn, and Ag. 2) What would be the reaction for the addition of excess OH- ions to Mg(NO3)2 and Cu(NO3)2?