posted by tawna .
1. Adjectives describe _______________ and ________________ .
2. Adverbs describe _____________ , _____________ , or _________________ .
Underline the Adjectives and Bold the Adverbs in these sentences:
1. The beautiful princess cautiously walked in the forest.
2. The lovely woman lives in a friendly neighborhood.
3. The students show a really wonderful attitude.
4. He spoke sharply, quickly, and with a conceited tone.
5. The kind and compassionate grandmother patiently taught the child to read
6. These decisions are incredibly tough.
7. The clean-cut, well-groomed gentleman spoke harshly to the young lady.
8. She is a responsible person, but she does not drive responsibly.
9. Make a quick decision! I have to shop for all of the decadent ingredients.
10. Today is a wonderful, new day. Let’s eat quickly and get out the door.
Fill in the blanks with 3 comparative and 2 superlative forms of the adjectives or adverbs found in parenthesis. Your answer will be the ONE form of the word that best completes the sentence.
1. He ran _________________ (fast) than before because of the stress he was under.
2. The puppy took to his owner _____________________(quickly) than we had anticipated.
3. It was one of the _____________________ (big) decisions she had ever made!
4. She decided to trust the lawyer ____________________ (readily) than the clerk.
5. The company produced some of the _________________(good) products ever put in stores.
I'll be glad to check your answers.