math (plz help)
posted by Stacy .
In a movie theater, theater A has 30 seats in the first row. Each next row has 4 more seats in it than the previous row has.
1) How many seats are in the 4th row?
2) Is there a row with exactly 60 seats in it?
3) Theater B has 40 seats in the first row and each row has 4 more seats than the previous row. If both Theater A and Theater B has 25 rows, how many seats does Theater B have in it than Theater A?
ANSWERS MUST SHOW ALL WORK IN ORDER TO GET CREDIT. THANKS.
Please check the first two Related Questions below.
1. 46 seats...... 30+4+4+4+4
2. No the 8th row has 62 seats and the 7th row has 58
3.THeater B has 145 seats....
hope that helped
1. 46 because a1=30 a2=34 a3=38 a4=42
2.No the 8th row is is 58 and the 9th row is 62.
3. 40+(25x4) = 140