posted by Hannah .
Compute the maximum product for two positive numbers x and y with the property that the sum of the first plus five times the second is 5000.
1) Indicate the objective equation
2) Indicate the constraint equation
3) Rewrite the objective equation in terms of the variable x only
4) For which value of x does the objective function attain its maximum?
5) What is the corresponding value of y?
6) What is the value of the maximum product of the two numbers?
I started to try to find number 1 and 2. I put x+5y=5000. Is this correct. When I figure out the equation I will try to do the rest first before you answer them.