Science 6th grade

posted by .

What is the best way to tell a chemical change has taken place?
1. The matter changes color
2. The mixture separates into layers
3. The composition chnages

  • Science 6th grade -

    I think the answer you want is 3 but color changes and separation into layers (if the original mixture was homogeneous) often indicate a chemical change has taken place. If the composition changes you KNOW a chemical change has occurred.

  • Science 6th grade -

    I know definitely that it is 3

Respond to this Question

First Name
School Subject
Your Answer

Similar Questions

  1. Chemistry

    Is the following a physical or chemical separations: salt water --> water+ sodium chloride Do you change the composition of the water?
  2. science chemical changes

    What is the only way that a chemical change can be undone?
  3. Sci

    What are the 5 signs that show a chemical change has taken place?
  4. Changes in Matter

    Which of the following geological changes are physical changes and which are chemical changes?
  5. 7th Grade Science

    what physical force can cause a change in the state of matter what is the difference between chemical and physical changes what occurs during Bose-Einstein condensation Please help me.
  6. chemistry

    When two solutions are mixed and a new color is observed, is this color change an indication that a chemical reaction has occurred?
  7. Physical Chemistry

    "Liquids A and B, which have identical molar volumes, are mixed together in equal volumes to form a 75 mL mixture. The liquids are partially miscible and the mixture phase separates into an upper phase with a composition xA=0.45 and …
  8. Science

    1. Density is the relationship between ____. (1 point) mass and volume cubic centimeters and pounds weight and volume grams and mass 2. Which of the following is NOT a possible sign of a chemical change?
  9. Science

    1.)Which of the following are chemical changes?
  10. Physical Science

    1. which of the following should be classified as a suspension?

More Similar Questions