posted by Franco .
Can you please check these sentences on Wordsworth's life, please?
1)William Wordsworth was born in Cumberland in the English Lake District, which was to become his main source of inspiration.
2)He was enthusiastic about the democratic ideals fostered by the French Revolution and hoped they could lead to a new and just social order.
3)However, the following historical events disillusioned him (or: he was disillusioned with the developments of the revolution) and he turned to nature for consolation.
4) In 1795 went to live with his sister Dorothy, who remained his most faithful friend and constantly supported his poetry.
5) In the same year he moved to Somerset to be near Samuel Coleridge. Their friendship proved crucial (essential?) to the development of English Romantic poetry.
6) They produced a collection of poems called Lyrical Ballads. Its second edition contained Wordsworth’s famous Preface, which was to become the Manifesto of English Romanticism.
7) In 1803 Wordsworth wrote some of his best poems which were published in two volumes in 1807.
8) In 1805 he finished his masterpiece, The Prelude, a long autobiographical poem in 14 books.
9) Later in his life he developed conservative political views and his creative powers declined.
10)The task of the poet is to purify men’s emotions through the description of such objects as strongly excite those feelings.