posted by mysterychicken .
23. A comparison of Native American societies in North America reveals that
a. culture and language were the same everywhere
b. distinct cultures arose from differences in local climate and terrain
c. all were nomadic with little knowledge of agriculture
d. local environments had little impact on cultural development
I can't decide between A and B...
25. Without the Bessemer process, Americans might not have been able to create
a. train engines
b. sewing machines
c. the Morse code
d. the Brooklyn Bridge
26. According to the Great Compromise, the number of representatives in the Senate would be
a. the same number for every state
b. based on a state's population
c. two for large states, and one for small states
d. affected by the size of a state's enslaved population
27. During the early part of the war, Lincoln's main goal was to
a. reduce the power of the states
b. preserve the Union
c. stop the spread of slavery
d. free the slaves
I think you're getting tired.
23. A and B are direct opposites. Which is it?
For #23 I'll go with B...
Right. Native Americans had many different customs and languages.
I still don't know about #26 though. I don't understand that link you gave.
I'm sorry, I misread the question. I was thinking about the House of Representatives. The number of representatives for each state depends upon the population of the state.
You were right. Each state has the same number of senators -- 2 for each state.
Darn! My brain short-circuited again! <g>
Haha that's what I was wondering, cuz' I was pretty sure about that one. Ah, well. Happens to the best of us. Thanks(:
Which the bessemer process americans nigth not have Been Abel a Company to build