posted by mysterychicken .
7. In the Adams-Onis Treaty of 1819,
a. the US doubled its size
b. the Cherokees settled their dispute with the American government
c. Spain ceded Florida to the US
d. the US gained the right to build the Erie Canal
11. One important result of the Mexican War was that
a. the US gained control of the entire Oregon Country
b. the Rio Grande became the accepted American-Mexican border
c. Mexico and the US became permanent allies
d. the Republic of Texas became an independent nation
13. Which was a provision of the Missouri Compromise of 1820?
a. Missouri and Maine were denied statehood
b. Western territories north of Missouri's southern border were closed to slavery
c. Slavery could not spread to any western lands
d. Free states could never outnumber slave states
15. How did the Jacksonian Democrats differ from the National Republicans?
a. They opposed government interference with the economy
b. They thought the federal government should control business
c. They supported a high tariff on foreign goods
d. They favored a national bank for the US
I can't decide between A and B..
18. In the 1830s and 1840s, most southern whites
a. were beginning to oppose slavery
b. saw no need to reform their society
c. promoted prison and public school reforms
d. encouraged industrial development in the South
The first three answers are right.
15. is definitely a. Did you notice that a and b are direct opposites?
18. I'm not sure about 18, but I suspect it's b. However, check your text to see what answer your teacher is expecting.
Yes, I did notice that about 15; Thanks so much for your help!
You're very welcome.