posted by kenji .
1. Scholars have done the least study into the political influence of _____ on American citizens.
2. The process of political learning in the United States is
a. normally cumulative; political beliefs attained earlier in life tend to be retained to a substantial degree.
b. highly structured; children are subjected to an intense system of government-mandated political indoctrination.
c. highly effective; Americans are the best informed citizens in the world.
d. extremely narrow; most Americans get nearly all their opinions from a single source.
e. uniform; there are almost no differences in the opinions of various groups, such as northerners and southerners.
3. In comparison to Europeans, Americans’ awareness of public affairs
a. is about the same.
b. is higher.
c. is lower.
d. is higher on domestic issues but lower on international issues.
e. is lower on domestic issues but higher on international issues.
4. In which of the following states would one be least likely to find a conservative majority?
5. About _____ percent of Americans identify themselves as an Independent.
6. The frequency of elections in the United States reduces voter turnout by
a. discouraging local politicians from playing an active role in presidential election.
b. creating more complex registration requirements.
c. focusing too much attention on state and local elections.
d. increasing the personal effort needed to participate in all elections.
e. increasing the amount of taxes paid at the polls
7. Regular voters are characterized by
a. a strong sense of alienation which motivates them to try to change government.
b. a strong sense of civic duty.
c. a desire to use government as a vehicle to help other Americans rather than themselves.
d. a strong sense of independence which motivates them to try to defeat incumbents.
e. All these answers are correct.
8. Socioeconomic status affects voter turnout
a. more in the United States than in Western Europe.
b. more in Western Europe than in the United States.
c. only in national elections in the United States.
d. only in national elections in Western Europe.
e. None of these answers is correct.
9. In the United States, the primary responsibility for registration of the individual voter rests with the
a. state and local governments.
b. local courts.
e. federal government.
10. Roughly what proportion of Americans believes that anti-war protests should be banned entirely?
1-E, 2-A, 3-D, 4-D, 5-B, 6-C, 7-D, 8-A, 9-A, 10-A
I'm not sure on any of them. Hint if I'm wrong please