posted by .

can someone please tell me if this is right or this simple really? the question is to express using a positive exponent. m^-6 so do you really just change it to m^6 so that it is positive? Or how do you go about that?

  • algebra -

    m^-6 = 1/m^6

    is how you would do it, without changing the value of the number represented.

  • algebra -

    where does the 1 come in?

  • algebra -

    anything to a negative power is the inverse, or one over, the same thing to the positive power.
    a^-b = 1/a^b

Respond to this Question

First Name
School Subject
Your Answer

Similar Questions

  1. math,correction

    can somone correct these for me please... Simplify (m^5)^8 My answer.m^40 List the terms and coefficients of 8x^3-4x^2+3 My answer: terms: 3 coefficients: 8,-4 This next one i'm not sure about how to even do it... write 9.03 X 10^-2 …
  2. algebra

    need help please!!!!! (fraction) _____1____ 9x^-2 y^-1 I'm not exactly sure what you want to do but i'm assuming you want your exponents positive?
  3. Chemistry

    Hello Jiskha, I'm hoping you are able to help me with my homework. Its on General Chemistry. Question One - When the solid NH4NO3 is dissolved in water at 25 C, the temperature of the solution decreases. What is true about the signs …
  4. Math

    Hi ya! So I got a question like when I'm rationalzing a denomenator in order to get simple radical form I really don't know what to do for example this problem (6^(2^-1)-3^(2^-1))^-1 ok so I know your trying to get it so it's a perfect …
  5. algabra

    1/t -p express using a positive exponent
  6. Business Communications

    Which of the following would be classified as an informative or possitive message?
  7. math

    express using a positive exponent: c^-5
  8. algebra

    express using a positive exponent 1/k^-w 1/k^-w=
  9. algebra

    write the following using a positive exponent, simplify the expression and simplify6^2. write using a positive exponent. do not evaluate
  10. Algebra

    Just a quick algebra question, if I had (e^x)/(x^3+x^-3) could I rewrite it as : (e^x)+(x^3)/(x^3) ?

More Similar Questions