posted by Lynda .
Q: penn foster examination number 02603600
1. Which learning technique is frequently used in the expository model of teaching?
A. Deductive thinking C. Discovery learning
B. Inductive thinking D. Knowledge-based learning
2. Which technique is used after a student gives a wrong answer, and the teacher continues to aim
questions at that student?
A. Redirecting C. Inquiring
B. Probing D. Diverting
MY ANSWER B
3. Which of the following guidelines for demonstrations is good advice to follow?
A. After the demonstration, tell students what they should have looked for.
B. Don’t speak during the demonstration; it will only distract students.
C. Don’t practice the demonstration ahead of time; it will appear rehearsed and boring.
D. Make sure you have all the materials you will need in advance.
4. What type of teaching uses formal lectures?
A. Student-centered C. Teacher-centered
B. Teacher-redirecting D. Outdated styles
5. What does the redirecting technique involve?
A. Waiting longer before responding to a student’s answer
B. Asking additional questions of the same student
C. Waiting longer before expecting a student to respond
D. Asking another student the same question
6. Which of the following is an example of a cognitive-memory or recall question?
A. How are a frog and a toad alike?
B. How were the campaigns of Bush and Clinton different?
C. How do you spell marine?
D. Do you like Mozart’s music? Why or why not?
7. What is the optimum size for small groups?
A. Three C. Eight
B. Five D. Ten
8. Which one of the following guidelines should be followed when giving directions to students?
A. Don’t allow students to choose the activity—make all decisions yourself.
B. Require students to find their own background information and necessary materials.
C. Permit questions about the assignment.
D. Write the assignment on the board, and don’t allow questions.
my answer b
9. Which of the following statements is a good technique to use when tutoring a student?
A. “This next problem is easy. You should be able to get it.”
B. “This next problem is hard, but let’s see if you can get it.”
C. “Johnny and Erica can do these problems.Why can’t you?”
D. “Can’t you ever get anything right?”
10. What type of questions are based on fact and have a specific right answer?
A. Objective questions C. Analysis questions
B. Subjective questions D. Evaluation questions
MY ANSWER ..C
11. Which of the following classroom arrangements works best for individual study?
A. Traditional arrangement C. Modular arrangement
B. Horseshoe arrangement D. Y-shaped arrangement
12. In order to facilitate a good class discussion, which of the following advice should you follow?
A. Be sure to express your own opinions.
B. Stick with the topic, even if students are beginning to repeat themselves.
C. Use the students’ own ideas to further the discussion.
D. If the students don’t respond, start talking yourself.
MY ANSWER.... B
13. Which of the following statements about asking questions is true?
A. Low-level questions tend to promote academic achievement in students.
B. Most teachers in classrooms today ask high-level questions.
C. Questions should be worded as clearly and simply as possible.
D. In ordinary classrooms, teachers should answer their own questions after embarrassing silences.
14. How would you expect communication to flow in a teacher-centered discussion?
A. Circle configuration C. All-channel configuration
B. Y configuration D. Decentralized network
15. Which type of thinking is encouraged by the discovery model of teaching?
A. Conducive C. Perceptive
B. Inductive D. Deductive
MY ANSWER... C
16. What do you call the interval of time between the asking of a question and the student response?
A. Call-out C. Wait-time I
B. Redirecting D. Wait-time II
17. Which of the following statements about student-centered education is correct?
A. Students play an inactive role in deciding what’s to be learned.
B. The student provides the resources needed for learning.
C. Students take responsibility for evaluating their activities and work.
D. Teacher aides play no part in this type of learning.
MY ANSWER.... D
18. Which of the following statements about student-centered discussion is correct?
A. Discussion helps students practice speaking clearly and correctly.
B. The purpose of the discussion will be the same whether the topic is controversial or noncontroversial.
C. The best discussions occur when students aren’t given a specific topic beforehand.
D. The teacher aide shouldn’t interfere in the discussion or allow students to talk about any
material they wish.
19. Which of the following types of questions are, unfortunately, most often asked by teachers and
A. Cognitive-memory questions C. Divergent-thinking questions
B. Convergent-thinking questions D. Evaluative-thinking questions
20. How should students be grouped to best encourage learning?
A. According to same abilities C. According to same interests
B. According to same attitudes D. According to a common task
If you could look them over and mark my answers, that would help. Thanks
See what you can find among these links. We do not have access to Penn Foster things.
Several of your answers are incorrect.
Yes, but wich ones, you never said.
Yes, but which ones are wrong, you never said.
I am stuck on number 19. I don't think your answer is right but I am having trouble finding it.