posted by English helper .
Draw one line under each action verb and 2 lines under each linking verb. Sentences with linking verbs, circle the word and the predicate that renames or describes the subject. Write noun pronoun for adjectives in the blank to describe the word. In sentences with action verb, circle the direct object if there is one.
1. The old woman's eyes sparkled when she recalled her husband.
2. Her voice grew stronger.
3. Her husband disapproved of the smart young women.
4. For Dona Carmen, the children of the town were the future.
5. She won the election for mayor three times.
Please post your answers in the same way. We'll be glad to check them.
Please understand that no one here will do your work for you. However, we will be happy to read over whatever you come up with and make suggestions and/or corrections.
Please post what you think.
um.. I wasn't getting my work done from you. I already have the answers i was just checking to see if they were correct. Therefore I put up the question. I did not mean to offend anybody. I just didn't post up my answers...
Here the answers I have got till now
1. Linking verb
-sparkled and recalled
2. Linking verb and Action Verb
3. Linking Verb
4. Linking verb and Action verb
5. Linking verb
1. When is not a verb.
2. Grew is a linking verb in this sentence. There is no direct object. Voice is the subject. What is the predicate adjective?
3. Of is not a verb; it's a preposition.
4. Were is a linking verb. It doesn't have a direct object. Children is the object. What is the predicate noun?
5. For is a preposition, not a linking verb.