posted by Sandhya .
1. A ball is projected horizontally from the edge of a table that is 4.0 meters high, and strikes the floor at a point
3.0 meters from a point on the floor directly below the edge of the table. The initial velocity of the ball as it is projected from the table is, in m/s ( g=9.8 m/s2)
2. At an airport, luggage is loaded into two cars of a luggage carrier being pulled by a luggage motocart whose mass
is 1100 kg. The car connected to the motorcart has a mass of 300 kg and the last car has a mass of 400 kg. If the
luggage carrier is accelerating at 1.3 m/s2 , the the tension in the coupling bar that connects the first car to the
motorcart is, in Newtons,
3. A traffic light weighing 140 N hangs from a vertical cable which is fastened to two other upper cables which are
attached to a horizontal support. One of the upper cables makes an angle of 30 degrees with the horizontal support
and the other upper cable makes an angle of 55 degrees with the horizontal support. The tension in the upper cable
that makes an angle of 55 degrees with the horizontal support is, in Newtons
4. A soccer player kicks a soccer ball from a point 20.0 m from the goal line. The soccer ball leaves the ground
with a speed of 20.0 m/s at an angle of 35 degrees to the horizontal. The height of the soccer ball as it passes over
the goal line is, in meters (Assume g = 9.8 m/s2)
1. One question per post, please, and show your work. In the case of these four, you did not even provide the ___ where the answer is supposed to go.
In the case of #1, use the height to compute the fall time T. Then use
Vo * T = 3.0 meters,
where Vo is the initial velocity (which is horizontal) and 3.0 m is the horizontal distance travelled.
Thanks for the timely help