posted by Sarah
In which sentence are the "conjunctions" used correctly?
1) Either Fred nor John knew about the accident.
2) The top award was given to neither Steve or Jim.
3 Neither beauty nor popularity was considered in the contest.
4) Mary enjoyed neither rooler skating or ice skating.
I think the answer is #3 neither/nor.
You're right. Neither goes with nor. Either goes with or.
Choose the sentence that has a subject complement.
1) The nurse felt my pulse.
2) I felt much better.
3) The day ended with many surprises.
4) We can't leave without seeing her.
This one I have a problem with. I think it is #2 - I felt much better. I think all of them have a complete thought?