posted by Mandi .
Which sentence contains a dangling modifier?
1. When the storm began to abate, we went home.
2. By the light of the moon, I tripped over a rock.
3. The dog that is man's best friend is cat's worst enemy.
I don't see any dangling modifiers in here. Here are some websites with really good explanations so you can check them out. Then below, I'll explain what each sentence is.
1. introductory adverbial (dependent) clause + main clause
2. introductory prepositional phrases + main clause
3. main clause with a relative (dependent) clause in it
Let me know if you have more questions.