clauses or not
posted by Holly = ) .
Can someone help me plzzz?!?!?!?!?!
Here are some sentences that I have to identify as clauses or not. Notice I have put the words that I have to identify in ():
1. The wide variety of rocks (can make them an interesting subject for study.)
not a claus
2. (Diamonds and other gems come from rocks.) claus
3. (Some people enjoy searching for rocks) that contain fossils. claus
4. People (who enjoy collecting rocks and minerals as a hobby) are called "rockhounds." claus
5. Many rocks of interest can be found near your home. not a claus
I put what I thought the correct answer was, are they right?
Yes. You've identified them correctly in the first four sentences. However, apparently you forgot to put parentheses around any words in # 5.
(Many rocks of interest)
You're right about # 5, too. :-)