Posted by Eric on Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 7:24pm.
Cumulus clouds have flat bases and lumpy tops. The tops are usually 1 mile above sea level. To find the height in feet of the base of a cumulus cloud, you can use the formula: height = 222 (air temperature - dew-point temperature). The air and dew-point temperatures are in degrees Fahrenheit.
a. Find the height of the base of a cumulus cloud when the air temperature is 80°F and the dew-point temperature is 70°F.
b. Suppose the dew point drops and the air temperature remains constant. What happens to the height of the base of the cloud? Explain.
-+-+Math-+-+ - bobpursley, Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 7:26pm
Is there any reason you can't try this on your own? You are given the formula.
-+-+Math-+-+ - Eric, Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 7:28pm
I have NO time at all. I'm not getting into details. I need the answer immediately please.
-+-+Math-+-+ - bobpursley, Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 7:31pm
Well, it appears to me you are answer grazing or taking a test. Sorry. I will be happy to critique your thinking or work, but I am fairly certain you do not want that.
-+-+Math-+-+ - Answerman., Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 7:35pm
It's homework. But I have to be somewhere really soon and I have to have this finished by then. I don't understand this question!
-+-+Math-+-+ - bobpursley, Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 7:39pm
b. doesn't require much thinking.
h=222(constant-variable) so if the variable gets smaller, the ( ) gets larger, so h gets larger (higher).
a. Simple calculator work. You can also punch in the
222(80-70) in the google search window and it will do it for you.
-+-+Math-+-+ - Answerman., Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 7:40pm
Ohhh! Thank you!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - Which of the following statements is FALSE? a) The first stage of a ...
- math - The altitude of the cloud base is particularly important at airports. (...
- Math - A builder replaces the original 3 1/4 foot counter tops with one that are...
- math. - A band of cumulus clouds is located at 10^4 feet. A commercial jet is ...
- EARTH SCIENCE - Cumulus and stratus clouds belong to which cloud group? A. ...
- Science - a cumulus cloud is growing taller, what will happen to the density of ...
- Math - This is a question regarding quadratic equations. I think I have to use ...
- 7th grade science weather - 1. Relative humidity is a measure of the amount of ...
- Calc - Air pressure at sea level is 30 inches of mercury. At an altitude of h ...
- Calculus - Air pressure at sea level is 30 inches of mercury. At an altitude of ...