Posted by Ana on Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 5:32pm.
I've included answers as well. Thanks in advance.
1. Chemical substances secreted by cells into the extracellular fluids that regulate the metabolic function of other cells in the body are called:
I chose D as an answer.
2. Which of the following is not a category of endocrine gland stimulus:
I chose an A as an answer.
3. Growth hormone:
a.is also called somatostatin
b.is regulated by humoral mechanisms
c.secretion results in a decrease in muscle mass
d.promotes long bone growth during the formative years
I chose a D as an answer
4. ADH (Anti-diuretic hormone):
a.increases urine production
c.is produced in the adenohypophysis
d.is inhibited by alcohol
I chose a D as an answer.
5.The ability of a specific tissue or organ to respond to the presence of a hormone is dependent on:
a.the location of the tissue or organ with respect to the circulatory path
b.the membrane potential of the cells of the target organ
c.the presence of the appropriate receptors on the cells of the target tissue or organ
d.nothing- all hormones of the human body are able to stimulate any and all cell types because hormones are powerful and nonspecific
I chose a C as an answer.
6.Insulin is synthesize by the beta cells of the pancreas. This hormone is released:
a.in excessive amounts in obese people
b.in response to severe physical stress
c.when the body’s glucose level rises
d.when the body’s glucose level drops
I chose a D as an answer.
7.When it becomes necessary to enlist the fight-or-flight response, a hormone that is released during the alarm phase of the general adaptation syndrome is:
I chose a B as an answer.
Questions 8-12: Match the following:
A) Hypothalmus B) Pituitary gland C) Adrenal gland D) Ovaries
8.Produces the hormones that promote development of female secondary sexual
characteristics at puberty
I chose a D.
9.Storehouse for hormones produced by the hypothalamus of the brain
I chose B.
10.Produces the hormones that direct the production of the secondary male sexual characteristics
I chose E.
11.Produces steroid hormones, glucocorticoids, and mineralocorticoids
I chose C.
12.Produces hormones and is considered a neuroendocrine gland
I chose A.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Anatomy & Physiology II - I've included answers as well. Thanks in advance. 1. ...
- 7th grade health please Ms. Sue? - Hi! Sorry, I don't know what subjects you ...
- Anatomy and Physiology - Urine passes from the bladder to the outside of the ...
- Health - The three lines of defense your body has against disease include all ...
- Anatomy & Physiology - A researcher develops a new drug that kills cells by ...
- Physiology - Anesthetics such as ether, chloroform and nitrous oxide reduce ...
- Can't find in text book. Anatomy & Physiology 1 - A researcher develops a new ...
- Health (Ms. Sue) - Describe how vaccinations work to protect the body from ...
- health help me - 1. Starches and sugars that provide energy (1 point)kidneys ...
- Physiology - if someone is infected with the common cold virus, which type of ...