Posted by Jazy on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 7:07pm.
Write the letter for the choice that best defines the italicized word.
1.) When training for the marathon, Edgar had to run every day to increase his *stamina*
2.) No one doubted Mariaís *mettle* after she rushed into the burning house to rescue her pet hamster
3.) The Roman Empire believed itself to be *invincible* for hundreds of years, but it eventually fell to invaders in the fifth century.
a symbol of safety
4.) In order to control the city, the army knew that it would be necessary to establish a base in the *citadel.*
region of safety
wall or embankment
5.) Kenny was a *stalwart* friend; he refused to abandon Jim in Jimís hour of need.
6.) Though disappointed by losing to their biggest rivals, the team showed themselves to be ________ by winning four of their next five games.
7.) Wrongly imprisoned for a crime he did not commit, Todd showed incredible _________ for over ten years while fighting for his freedom.
8.) When the countryís government fell apart and vicious military leaders assumed control, many citizens feared for their safety and sought ________ in neighboring nations.
9.) When the river levels began to rise, the townspeople quickly built a _______ to keep their homes from flooding.
10.) The general knew that if his soldiers were to ________ the ships that were bringing food to the enemy, it might be possible to win the battle without a full-scale invasion.
- English (Checking please) - Ms. Sue, Monday, May 26, 2014 at 7:14pm
Perfect! All your answers are right.
- English (Checking please) - Jazy, Monday, May 26, 2014 at 7:25pm
Yaaay! Thank you for help Ms.Sue!!
You are truly amazing <3 :)
Have a wonderful Memorial Day.
- English (Checking please) - Ms. Sue, Monday, May 26, 2014 at 7:29pm
You're very welcome, Jazy!
I hope you've enjoyed this holiday, too.
Answer this Question
- Health JUST NEED ANSWERS CHECKED :) - 1. The two health-related components of ...
- Check Answers Please - 1. The two health-related components of fitness are ...
- English - Please check my answer thanks :) IN which of the following sentences ...
- Personal fitness - 2._____ training must target the muscle group that is needed ...
- English - Which of the following best defines diction? A. simile B. symbolism C...
- Math - Coach Lewis was training for a marathon After 15 minutes he had run 3 ...
- math - Please help A school had 900 students at the start of a school year. If ...
- english - The shed held a (motley) supply of gardening tools. choose the letter ...
- English - 1. What type of context clue is provided for the italicized word in ...
- Health - Power is the key element that will enhance improvement of muscular ...