science HELP ASAP!!!!!!!
posted by annonomys on .
12. How do the cherries on a cherry tree help the plant reproduce? (1 point)
Cherries develop into seeds, which are young, undeveloped plants.
Animals eat the cherries, which helps disperse the plant’s seeds.
Pollen inside the cherries fertilizes ovules, which produce seeds.
Cherries are carried away by the wind, which means the seeds do not have to compete for resources.
13. A geneticist is studying a pedigree that shows the family history of a recessive genetic disease. Which of the following pedigrees shows an impossible relationship? (1 point)
Pedigree that shows parents who do not have a disease and are not carriers and a child who does not have a disease and is not a carrier.
Pedigree that shows parents who have a disease and a child who has the disease.
Pedigree that shows parents who are both carriers for a disease and a child who does not have the disease.
Pedigree that shows one parent who has the disease, one who is a carrier, and a child who does not have the disease.
Fill in the Blank
Fill in the blank with the word or phrase that best completes the statement or answers the question.
14. The scientific name for a plant that reproduces with flowers is a(n) (1 point)
15. At certain times of the year, the male sage grouse can be seen inflating the air sacs on his chest and singing loudly to a female sage grouse. This behavior is likely an example of a(n) (1 point)
16. In humans, the developing embryo receives nutrients and oxygen through a tube called the (1 point)
Answer the question in the space provided.
17. Place the following words into the illustration below: gametes, sporophyte, gametophyte, and zygote. Explain how the terms are related.
Circular diagram including five arrows pointing clockwise: top arrow points to spores; next arrow points from spores to a blank labeled 1.; next arrow points from 1. To a blank labeled 2., (egg and sperm) underneath the blank; next arrow points from 2. to blank labeled 3, next arrow points from 3. to blank labeled 4. (5 points)
18. A couple has just learned that their daughter has hemophilia. They already have a son who does not have the disease. What are the genotypes of the couple? Explain your reasoning. (5 points)
19. Explain the differences between internal and external fertilization and the advantages and disadvantages of each reproductive strategy. (5 points)
We do not do your homework for you. Although it might take more effort to do the work on your own, you will profit more from your effort. We will be happy to evaluate your work though.
Please, I need help with the same questions!
Please I need those answers tooo!!!
I need help with those!
ANYBODY KNOW THE ANSWERS?!
These are the only ones I can help with
12. Animals eat cherries, which helps disperse
15. courtship ritual
16. umbilical cord
19. Internal fertilization happens inside the body. External fertilization happens outside the body. Internal fertilization gives the offspring a higher chance to live but fewer offsprings can be fertilized at one time. External fertilization can have more offsprings fertilized but the offsprings have a lower chance of surviving.