Posted by annonomys on Monday, March 3, 2014 at 11:07am.
12. How do the cherries on a cherry tree help the plant reproduce? (1 point)
Cherries develop into seeds, which are young, undeveloped plants.
Animals eat the cherries, which helps disperse the plantís seeds.
Pollen inside the cherries fertilizes ovules, which produce seeds.
Cherries are carried away by the wind, which means the seeds do not have to compete for resources.
13. A geneticist is studying a pedigree that shows the family history of a recessive genetic disease. Which of the following pedigrees shows an impossible relationship? (1 point)
Pedigree that shows parents who do not have a disease and are not carriers and a child who does not have a disease and is not a carrier.
Pedigree that shows parents who have a disease and a child who has the disease.
Pedigree that shows parents who are both carriers for a disease and a child who does not have the disease.
Pedigree that shows one parent who has the disease, one who is a carrier, and a child who does not have the disease.
Fill in the Blank
Fill in the blank with the word or phrase that best completes the statement or answers the question.
14. The scientific name for a plant that reproduces with flowers is a(n) (1 point)
15. At certain times of the year, the male sage grouse can be seen inflating the air sacs on his chest and singing loudly to a female sage grouse. This behavior is likely an example of a(n) (1 point)
16. In humans, the developing embryo receives nutrients and oxygen through a tube called the (1 point)
Answer the question in the space provided.
17. Place the following words into the illustration below: gametes, sporophyte, gametophyte, and zygote. Explain how the terms are related.
Circular diagram including five arrows pointing clockwise: top arrow points to spores; next arrow points from spores to a blank labeled 1.; next arrow points from 1. To a blank labeled 2., (egg and sperm) underneath the blank; next arrow points from 2. to blank labeled 3, next arrow points from 3. to blank labeled 4. (5 points)
18. A couple has just learned that their daughter has hemophilia. They already have a son who does not have the disease. What are the genotypes of the couple? Explain your reasoning. (5 points)
19. Explain the differences between internal and external fertilization and the advantages and disadvantages of each reproductive strategy. (5 points)
- science HELP ASAP!!!!!!! - PsyDAG, Monday, March 3, 2014 at 12:46pm
We do not do your homework for you. Although it might take more effort to do the work on your own, you will profit more from your effort. We will be happy to evaluate your work though.
- science HELP ASAP!!!!!!! - Danny, Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:45pm
Please, I need help with the same questions!
- science HELP ASAP!!!!!!! - Jesse, Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:46pm
Please I need those answers tooo!!!
- science HELP ASAP!!!!!!! - Ashlyn, Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:46pm
I need help with those!
Answer this Question
Math Riddle - How many two-digit numbers are multiples of 3 and also factors of ...
Math - Explain It Wendell has a box with 36 cherries He divides the cherries ...
Math - 2 apples weigh the same as a banana and a cherry.A banana weighs the same...
Anyone wanna help me with this math? - Multiple Choice Identify the choice that ...
Math - Tiffany bought 2/5 kg of cherries. Linda bought 1/10 kg of cherries less ...
Business Law - Employee Ned is told by Mr. Sanguine to hide small and bad ...
math - Two of alexandra apples weigh the same as a banana.A banana and a cherry ...
math - Olivia picked 2.5 kilograms of cherries. She divided the cherries evenly ...
Science ASAP - 2. Ferns have roots, stems, and leaves just like seed plants. Why...
Math - PLEASE I NEED HELP...... Two pieces of cake weigh as much as one apple ...