Posted by Angel on Friday, February 14, 2014 at 5:23pm.
Emily has 85 books on her bookshelf. Of those books, 20% are mysteries, 18 are adventure stories, and the rest are fantasies. What is the simplified ratio of fantasies to total books on her bookshelf (i got 10:17 ) answers list:35:50
Math - Ms. Sue, Friday, February 14, 2014 at 5:35pm
The total books = 85
Fantasies = 50
Math - Angel, Friday, February 14, 2014 at 5:40pm
so its 5:8?
Math - Ms. Sue, Friday, February 14, 2014 at 5:43pm
Math - Brady, Friday, February 14, 2014 at 6:04pm
35 = books other than fantasy
50 = number of books that are fantasy
So, the answer is 35:50, and it equals 85.
Math - Angel - Brady, Friday, February 14, 2014 at 6:10pm
Also, how did you get 5:8?
Math - Reiny, Friday, February 14, 2014 at 6:14pm
You want the ratio of
fantasies : total books
= 50 : 85
= 10 : 17
you had that.
end of problem
Math - Angel, Friday, February 14, 2014 at 6:20pm
i took 8 and 5 from 85 and 50 but i couldn't think straight i feel weak
Math - diamond, Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 8:00pm
You didn't brake it down it is 10:17
Math - duder, Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 7:51pm
The answer is 10:17.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math***CHECK ANSWERS*** - PLEASE CHECK MY ANSWERS! THANKS please help me and ...
- math - lara arranged the books in her bookshelf by size. 2/10 of the books were ...
- Math - You installed a bookshelf on the wall to organize some of your books. The...
- Math - Carol's bookshelf has4 shelves with6 books on each. Her brother Robert ...
- Algebra - I am so confused with some word problems math is not my strong point ...
- Math - A bookshop has some faction and nonfiction books. 2/5 of. The books are ...
- College Math - Your small library of books consists of 6 novels, 7 mathematics ...
- English - 1. This is a basketball uniform. The uniform is composed of a T-shirt ...
- Math - Look at problem 4. Suppose Leila moves her books onto a bookshelf with 6...
- Math-Ratios - In a college library, there are 4 times as many nonfiction books ...