Posted by jack on Sunday, December 29, 2013 at 8:37pm.
Q: how might the length of mercury day affect the temperature ranges found on the planet?
A)Over time the closeness of the planet to the sun has caused it to shrink.
B)The entire planet would get burned by the intense amount of sunlight.
C)Parts of the planets facing the sun get very hot and those facing away will get very cold.
- 8th grade science - jack, Sunday, December 29, 2013 at 8:46pm
I'm pretty sure that you can rule out answer choice A because I don't think that the sun can really cause the planet to shrink but I'm not sure whether the answer would be answer choices B or C, so can someone please help me? Thank you :D
- 8th grade science - jack, Sunday, December 29, 2013 at 8:51pm
okay thank you Sandra James :) I really appreciate your help. Thank you so much!
- 8th grade science - Ms. Sue, Sunday, December 29, 2013 at 8:53pm
I agree; it's c.
- 8th grade science - jack, Sunday, December 29, 2013 at 9:01pm
okay thank you Ms. Sue I also appreciate your help :D
- 8th grade science - Ms. Sue, Sunday, December 29, 2013 at 9:05pm
You're welcome, Jack.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - if all of the following imaginary planets were the same distance from...
- Science - What distance was used to define the astronomical unit (AU) A. the ...
- math - If planet I is 31.8 million miles from the sun than planet II, then ...
- PHYSICS PLEASE HELP !!!!! - On some planet with a radius of 8,553 km and a mass ...
- Science - istance of a planet from sun is four times the distance of the planet ...
- physics help 3!! ** - Based on the following data about planet X (which orbits ...
- Science - I have two questions. How can an atmosphere affect the temperature of ...
- science - mercury is what planet from the sun?
- Grade 9 Science - why does a planet's orbital radius represents that planet's ...
- Astronomy - Orbital speed is the speed with which a planet moves around the sun...