Posted by Princess Anna on Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 1:36pm.
1. Why is it rare for the soft parts of an organism to become a fossil?
The soft parts take a long time to decay.
The soft parts can be eaten by other animals.
The soft parts cannot be buried in sediment.
The soft parts form petrified fossils.
2. Which of the following terms refers to a solid copy of the shape of an organism?
3. Which of the following is an accurate definition of relative age?
a rock’s age as compared to the ages of other rocks
the number of years since the rock formed
a rock’s age based on how much carbon-14 it contains
the number of fossils a rock contains
4. Geologists use radioactive dating for which of the following?
identifying the relative ages of rock layers
determining the absolute ages of rocks
telling how radioactive a substance is
collecting evidence of fossils
5. Which of the following units are in order from smallest to largest?
epoch, period, era
era, epoch, period
period, era, epoch
epoch, era, period
6. Earth’s first atmosphere was composed of mainly which of the following gases?
hydrogen and helium
carbon dioxide and oxygen
nitrogen and oxygen
carbon monoxide and ozone
Answer this Question
Science-Chemistry - when u use different materials, what are they most likely to...
Algebra 2 - In a quiz program, 3 questions on sprots, 3 questions on general ...
8th Grade MATH - a pack of 8 collectable cards contains 1 rare card, 3 uncommon ...
Grammar - The last four grammar questions of the day [I think]- idenify the word...
biology - what is an uncompensated ion? It is a very rare term. I can't find it ...
child care - I have a questions please 1.An inappropriate science activity for a...
English - Can you please check these sentences. I have to list the adverb then ...
Science - Hi, I have two questions about biology I need help with. 1) Some ...
Applied Dog Behavior - Please check my answer thanks Fearfulness as a trait ...
Science - 1. Do you think there is very much practical chemistry in today's ...