Posted by Losa on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 10:53pm.
Pls. tell me if im correct on these following sentences?
1) An author in his memoirs wil ___ about the influence of past relationships. = reminisce
2) It is helpful to have a(n) ______ power source after a hurricane. = auxiliary
3) Proverbs show Solomon's ______ insight into human character. =profound
4) With _____ eyes, the young bride watched her husband sail away to war.
5)The soldier was told to obtain more _____ for his company = munitions
6) Legally, a manager can be considered _____ if he does not protect his employees from a known hazard. = negligent
7) Some harmless- looking mushrooms are ____ because they contain poison. = lethal
8) Humanism exists wherever man quits his _________ on God and places all his confidence in human beings. = reliance
9) At Niagara, we gazed in awe at the ______ fall of water. = perpendicular
10) Rich gifts _________________ poor when givers prove unkind. = wax
- Spelling VSP - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 10:56pm
All are right.
What about 4?
- Spelling VSP: PLEASE CHECK. - Losa, Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 10:56pm
auxiliary: additional helping
munitions: war materials, such as weapons
negligent: habitually inattentive, careless, irresponsile
perpendicular: vertical, precipitous, steep
profound: intellectually deep
reliance: trust, confidence, dependence
wistful: mournfully longing, yearning
- Spelling VSP - Losa, Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 10:57pm
Im so sory Ms. Sue, I was rushing. Four is wistful. Am I right?
- Spelling VSP - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 10:58pm
- Spelling VSP - Losa, Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 10:59pm
Thank you Ms. Sue!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Spanish - Write the correct form of "have" in the following sentences: Nosotros ...
- english grammar pls help me to correct my english - kindly pls,can you help me ...
- COM/155 - For this project, I had to write 5 clear, concise, well written ...
- Chemistry Lab - Provide the correct coefficients to balance the following ...
- English - 2. Are there any themes that run through more than one of the ...
- chemistry lab - Insert your values for x, y, z, & n into KxFey(C2O4)z·nH2O and ...
- English Essay - Which one of the following elements is most important when you'...
- LA....help!!!???? - Someone from connections academy 7th grade gifted and ...
- English / Grammar - Please check the following sentences and let me know if they...
- SPANISH - Change the following constructions to an adjetivo posesivo and noun ...