Posted by Jim Collum on Monday, June 10, 2013 at 3:28am.
The verb in this sentence. describes an ongoing action
1. Jack stopped to call a friend.
2. What are you doing?
The verb in this sentence describes a habitual or repeated action
A. I was hoping to hear from you.
B. This guy makes his own instruments.
- verbs - Writeacher, Monday, June 10, 2013 at 4:45am
I disagree with both of your answers.
- verbs - Jim Collum, Monday, June 10, 2013 at 10:52am
The four statements below describe the meaning of the tenses used
1.Jack stopped to call a friend.
2.What are you doing?
3.I was hoping to hear from you.
4.this guy makes his own instruments
Identify the sentence which is being described?
A. verb describes an ongoing action
B. verb describes an action which is finished now but lasted for some time in the past
C. verb describes a brief action started and completed in the past
D. verb describes a habitual or repeated action
I'm confused here is try
A matches with 2
B matches with 3
C matches with 1
D matches with 4
- verbs - Ms. Sue, Monday, June 10, 2013 at 10:58am
Your answers are correct.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Grammar tenses - use the following passage Just outside the cafe', Zach stopped ...
- Grammer Please hurry please - Identify the words that correctly complete the ...
- la need help - 1. When you summarize an informational article, you should (1 ...
- Just some LA q's, Ms.Sue please - 1. When you summarize an informational article...
- English - Write a sentence that matches the form provided in the description (...
- English - Okay got that one.. What about The cab driver was driving extremely ...
- english - Identifying and Replacing Verbs. In each sentence, underline the verb ...
- English - Rennet is an extract made from the lining of a calf's fourth stomch. ...
- 6th grade - Teacher had us to find the verb and/or action verb in sentences. She...
- Grammer - In the sentence "The Bethrothal Letter formally announced the ...