Posted by mandy on Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 7:43pm.
Fable for tomorrow
This town does not actually exist, but it might easily have a thousand counterparts in America or elsewhere in the world. I know of no community that has experienced all the misfortunes I describe. Yet every one of these disasters has actually happened somewhere, and many real communities have already suffered a substantial number of them. A grim specter has crept upon us almost unnoticed, and this imagined tragedy may easily become a stark reality we all shall know. ..
IS this paragraph logos
nglish - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 7:52pm
english - mandy, Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 7:53pm
should be ETHOS
english - mandy, Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 7:56pm
IN Rachel carson essay FABLE FOR TOMORROW she used only the pathos and ethos
english - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 7:58pm
Doesn't this fable appeal to the emotions?
It hasn't convinced me either by its sound arguments nor by the expertise of the author.
english - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 8:00pm
Now you identify the author, which could give it credence as an ethos argument. However, without knowing the author, pathos is what stands out.
english - mandy, Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 8:01pm
so you said arguments is logos
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet the light of ...
- Biology - Which example best illustrates the difference between a community and ...
- English - I left out the following sentences. Thank you very much! 1) Coketown ...
- english - if you read the giver can you please check my answers and see if they ...
- English - 1. They didn't have green leaves yet. 2. She didn't finish her ...
- Language Arts /The Giver - 1. What is the jonas apprehensive about at the ...
- English 4 - In “Ulysses,” the speaker declares,“I am a part of all that I have ...
- ENGLISH RIDDLE - AT TIME, I AM UNAVOIDABLE. IM THERE EARLY IN THE MORNING LATE ...
- English - 1. I have not made up my mind yet. 2. I have not decided yet. 3. I ...
- English III - ☢HELP☢ How is the alchemist by Paulo Coelho a fable? ...