Posted by Ellie on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 8:02pm.
The heart shaped card is made by placing a square card and two semicircles together. What is the area of the card.
each side of the sqare is 8cm long.
I did a=TTr(squared)+lw
The total area of the card is
Can you please let me know if I did this correctly? Thanks
- Math - bobpursley, Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 8:24pm
How did you get from
area=PI*16 +64 which is 114, to 251 then 257?
- Math - Ellie, Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 8:49pm
1st I added 16 plus 64=80. Then I multiplied 80 by TT and got 251.3
The last part should be 251.3 I messed up on the last number.
so is 251.3 correct?
Thank you for checking my work, I appreciate it.
- Math - Ellie, Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 9:39pm
I see what you did, but I thought TT was always done last, so I added and then multiplied TT.
Is there an order of operation for Pi?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - In a game of blackjack, each player is dealt two cards from a standard 52...
- math - A card is selected from a deck of 52 playing cards. Find the probability ...
- statistic - For each of the following, assume you are working with a standard ...
- math - a card is picked from a pack containing 52 cards . it is then replaced ...
- Stats - Directions: Suppose you have a standard deck 52 cards (4 suits: hearts...
- Math - 1.)When testing a patientís eyes for focusing ability, one doctor uses ...
- maths - A deck has 52 cards it has 13 in each type find the probability of ...
- math - One card is selected from a deck of cards. Find the probability of ...
- Discrete Mathematics - Please help. Consider a deck of 52 playing cards, in how ...
- Card Trick - I know this isnt a school question but I want to know. My friend ...