Posted by Presh on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 2:38pm.
A 5.00L reaction vessel is filled with 1.00mol of H2, 1.00mol of I2, and 2.50mol of HI. If equilibrium constant for the reaction is 129 at 500k, what are the equilibrium concentrations of all species?
H2(g) + I2(g) <-> 2HI(g) Kc = 129
Chemistry - DrBob222, Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 2:53pm
(H2) = 1.00/5.00 = 0.2M
(I2) = 1.00/5.00 = 0.2M
(HI) = 2.50/5.00 = 0.5M
.........H2 + I2 ==> 2HI
Kc = (0.5+2x)^2/(0.2-x)(0.2-x)
Note: In the C line, how do we know it is -x. -x, and +2x instead of +x +x, and -2x;i.e., how do we which way the reaction will occur. You run a Qrxn = (HI)^2/(H2)(I2)= (0.5)^2/(0.2)^2 = about 6. Compare with K = 129 and that means the numerator is too small and denominator is too large so the reaction must go to the right.
Chemistry - Presh, Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 5:56pm
What does x equal out too?
Chemistry - jn, Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 5:13pm
Chemistry - Shelby, Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 8:07pm
h2, i2 = 11.4
hi = 22.8
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- SCIENCE - At 500K,1.00mol of ONCl is introduced into 2.50dm3 closed vessel.At ...
- Chemistry II - The equlibrium constant Kc for the reaction: has the value of 4....
- Chemistry - SO this is my first time doing this... lol i need help on an AP ...
- Chemistry - Consider the reaction HCHO(g) *) H2(g) + CO(g). 1.0 mol of HCHO, 1.0...
- chemistry - For the following reaction Co(g)+H2o(g)=Co2(g)+H2(g) If the initial ...
- chemistry - A mixture of 0.100 mol NO, 0.200 mol H2 and 0.0800 mol N2 were ...
- chemistry - The following reaction was carried out in a 2.00 reaction vessel at ...
- applied chemistry - the equilibrium contant kc=49 at 230^0C, for the reaction ...
- Chemistory - The reaction has an equilibrium constant of = 0.154. If 6.60 of , 4...
- chm - The equilibrium constant for the equation 2 H2(g) + CO(g) CH3OH(g) Is 19 ...