Posted by Drea on Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 12:57pm.
1. Dialectical poetry is poetry that
a uses a unique rhyme scheme and meter.
b has fourteen lines and uses iambic pentameter.
c uses language that is specific to a geographic location.
d is based on symbols that represent opposite extremes.
2. Which of these is NOT a main characteristic of odes?
a dignified tone and style
b thoughtful, personal reflection
c often addresses the subject, even if nonhuman
d relies heavily on rhythm and word sounds
3. In Percy Bysshe Shelley’s poem “To a Skylark,” the line “Bird, thou never wert” demonstrates BOTH
a simile and personification.
b archaic language and apostrophe.
c metaphor and terza rima.
d alliteration and onomatopoeia.
4. Which statement is true about lyric poetry?
a There is always only one speaker.
b The speaker and the author are always the same person.
c The tone of the poem is always light and positive.
dThe poem is usually long and heroic in tone.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Literature - I know that Sonnets have fourteen lines THE QUESTIONS IS are "The ...
- English - I'm having a hard time with the meter & feet part of my work today. I ...
- English - I just got these two wrong on the test The repeated use of the "o" ...
- English - I'm writing an essay about poetry. My thesis is how literal language ...
- Poetry - What is rhyme scheme? (1 point_ The stressed and unstressed syllables ...
- English 2 - Respond to the following question about the poem "The Alarm Clock" ...
- English/Poetry - Hi! So, I'm learning about Iambic Pentameter in class and i'm ...
- English - How do you know “Paul Revere’s Ride” is narrative poetry? It is a poem...
- Language Arts-Poetry - 1. Which is the best example of the use of rhyme? A. the ...
- English- rhyme schemes - What is the rhyme scheme of William Shakespeare's "Full...