Posted by mythreyee on Monday, February 11, 2013 at 6:55pm.
enzo and eric are a sharing a pie. if enzo eats 1/3 of the pie and eric eats 1/5 of the pie, is there more than 1/2 of the pie remaining.
- 3rd grade math - minecraft , Monday, February 11, 2013 at 6:57pm
1/3 + 1/5 =
once you get your answer. turn into decimals and compare with 0.50 since 1/2 is 0.50.
- 3rd grade math - JJ, Monday, February 11, 2013 at 6:58pm
You have to add 1/3 and 1/5.
You need to get a common denominator of 15.
after you add the fractions, subtract from 1 for 1 whole pie. (You can write 1 as 15/15).
compare your answer with 1/2 to see if it is larger or smaller. (It is always good to be sure the denominators are the same which makes it easier to compare.
- 3rd grade math - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 11, 2013 at 6:59pm
1/3 = 5/15
1/5 = 3/15
5/15 + 3/15 = 8/15 = 0.5333
They ate 0.533 of the pie.
- 3rd grade math - minecraft , Monday, February 11, 2013 at 7:00pm
compare and get your answer is which is yes there is more then one half because 0.533>0.50
- 3rd grade math - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 11, 2013 at 7:02pm
There is less than half a pie remaining.
Reread the problem and your answer, minecraft.
- 3rd grade math - minecraft , Monday, February 11, 2013 at 7:03pm
i knew i was right at first
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- 3rd grade math - Enzo and Eric are sharing a pie. If Enzo eats 1/3 of the pie ...
- Math - Eric eats 1/6 of an apple pie and Jack eats 1/4 of the apple pie. How ...
- Math - Hands on : Multiplication patterns with 10,100,and 1,000 1/ Rebecca has 4...
- math(help) - please help me and answers these i feel clueless!with this math 2....
- 6 th grade math - 2 students are learning how to bake apple and blueberry pies. ...
- physics - The motion of a particle is described by x = 10 sin (piet +pie/2 ). At...
- Calculus grade 12 - solve for (<_ = less than or equal to / pie = pie sign...
- math - evaluate the expressions below and leave them in radical form. 1. sin(pie...
- Math - Sabrina and John cut a pie into 4 slices. Sabrina eats 2 slices. John ...
- Math - John ate some pie for lunch. He left 2/3 of the pie. Jerry ate 1/2 of the...