Posted by Nyeel on Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 8:32pm.
How would the flow charts and pseudocode look for this?
The Metric Conversion application is a menu-driven program. First, the program displays a Main Menu that states the purpose of the program and allows the user to select one of five metric system measurements or quit the program in the following manner:
Press the 1 key to convert meters to U.S. yards
Press the 2 key to convert kilometers to U.S. miles
Press the 3 key to convert kilograms to U.S. pounds
Press the 4 key to convert milliliters to U.S. ounces
Press the 5 key to convert liters to U.S. gallons
Press the 6 key to quit the program
After the user selects a metric measurement and the program confirms the entry is valid, the program prompts the user to enter an amount of the selected metric measurement (0.0 to 10000.0). For example, if the user selected the first menu option, the prompt message should be displayed in the following manner:
Enter the amount of meters to convert:
After user enters a metric measurement amount and the program confirms the entry is valid, the program converts the metric amount to an equivalent amount of a corresponding U.S. measurement.
Finally, the program then displays the equivalent U.S. measurement amount in the following manner:
10.25 meters is equivalent to 11.2094 U.S. yards
Here are the metric system measurements and U.S. conversions to be used:
Conversion Type: Conversion Formula:
Meters to yards 1 meter = 1.0936 U.S. yards
Kilometers to miles 1 kilometer = 0.6214 U.S. miles
Kilograms to pounds 1 kilogram = 2.205 U.S. pounds
Milliliters to ounces 1 milliliter = 0.0338 U.S. ounces
Liters to gallons 1 liter = 0.264 U.S. gallons
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Pseudocode programming - I need a currency conversion application. It does not ...
- Information Technology - I am pressed for time and need this assignment done by ...
- Programming concepts - Develop a menu-driven program that inputs two numbers and...
- Computing - Write a program that displays the following menu: 1 = Square 2 = ...
- Computer Science/Pseudo Code Python - Hi, I'm confused about an assignment. I'm ...
- Programming and Design - Draw the hierarchy chart and design the logic for a ...
- C programming - Build a program that allows a user to select one of the ...
- programming pseudocode - Create the logic for a program that continuously ...
- programming - Pseudocode - Create the logic for a program that continuously ...
- Programming - Develop a menu-driven program that inputs two numbers and, at the ...