Posted by Larry on Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 9:50am.
A film of magnesium fluoride (n=1.38), 1.25x10^-5 cm thick, is used to coat a camera lens (n=1.55). Are any wavelengths in the visible spectrum intensified in the reflected light?
Bats use the reflections from ultra-high frequency sound to locate their prey. Estimate the typical frequency of a bat's sonar. Take the speed of sound to be 3.40x10^2 m/s, and a small moth 3.00mm across, to be a typical target.
- Physics - Larry, Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 9:55am
answers in the back of the book are
6.9 x 10^-5 cm
1.13 x 10^5 Hz
- Physics - Elena, Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 10:13am
Δ=2bn-λ/2 = 2k(λ/2)
f=v/ λ=340/3•10⁻³=1.13 x 10⁵Hz
- Physics - Larry, Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 10:15am
Thanks so much Elena !
- Physics - no, Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 3:43pm
why did you calculatebit as destructive interference? wouldnt we want it to be constructive if we want to intensify the light
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - In one section of the pool, there is a thin film of oil on the surface...
- Physics - The refractive index of a material is different for different ...
- Physics - When a converging lens is used in a camera (as in the first drawing), ...
- Physics (light) - A soap film is viewed in white light. If the film is much ...
- physics - A film of oil that has an index of refraction equalto 1.45 floats on ...
- Physics-Lens - The focal length of your camera lens is 70mm. It is used for ...
- SCIENCE HELP PLEEASE - Which of the following types of stars started out on the ...
- i need help with science pls - Which of the following types of stars started out...
- science help PLS - Which of the following types of stars started out on the ...
- s - a camera with a 200mm lens(focal length) makes a real image of a bird on ...