Posted by Mary on Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 10:57pm.
I'm doing a review sheet for math and a certain question states: "solve: ln(3/4)"
What should I take solve to mean?
Do I just change it's form to ln(3/4) = ln3 - ln 4 ?
Or, perhaps, I need to actually enter in the value into a calculator.
How would you take on this question?
Math - Mary, Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 11:03pm
An other question states: "Solve: sin(35)"
Again, same idea, how should I take this question? Should I just convert it into radians or should I just enter it into a calculator?
The way they word these review questions are confusing to me. They should really be more specific...
Again, how would you math pros take these kinds of questions? Your input is much appreciated!
Math - Mary, Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 11:06pm
Correction, I should have said convert it to radians using a calculator or convert to radians using this conversion thingy: pi/180 degrees
Math - Mary, Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 11:09pm
Actually it probably has something to do with trig identities...
Math - Mary, Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 11:11pm
Well, now I'm just over thinking things...
Math - Mary, Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 11:15pm
Unit circle.... ugh. Probably have to make estimates, if I'm not to use a calculator.
Math - Steve, Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 11:14am
it means nothing to say "solve ln(3/4)"
There's nothing to solve.
It should say something like "evaluate ln(3/4) as a sum of logs of integers" or something
Check examples in the same section of the text to see what they mean.
If it's a stand-alone problem, question the teacher. You can't "solve" an expression. You solve equations, evaluate expressions in terms of some other expressions.
Math - Mary, Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 7:03pm
Thanks, Steve! They are stand alone questions, so I'll ask my teacher what he means.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- grade 12 math - i have a test tomarow and i am soo lost with this this question ...
- Math - I just don't understand this question: h(t)=A*b^x h(3)=4 h(5)=40 Solve ...
- math - Multiply and simplify 2/3*13 The answer is 22. Right? if you mean (2/3...
- Calc Help - q=(1000/p+1)^2 - 1 find q' Please help. Question on review sheet. I ...
- Math HELP!! FAST!! - Can someone help me solve this and write the answer in ...
- algebra - solve 4^3x-4=32^x+2 Please help! Do you mean 4^(3x) -4 = 32^x +2 ? yes...
- Advance Math. - Hello i'm haveing trouble with this problem, when I solve it I'm...
- ALGEBRA 1 - Solve by whatever Method 1. X^2 +8X = -16 X^2 +8X +16 = -16 +16 (X +...
- Math - i have a question regarding statistics. i just don't know how to do it ...
- Math - The sheet is titled Solving Inequalities. I need to solve this question ...