Posted by april on Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 10:38pm.
The school auditorium has 8 rows of seats, divided into 3 sections. Each section has 15 seats. Which one the following would be the correct way to figure out the total number of seats?
Isn’t this an error? I think the answer would be 3x15…it doesn’t matter how many rows…not in the question…not relevant? Am I missing something?
math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 10:49pm
The total number of seats in the auditorium includes the 8 rows.
8 * 3 * 15
math - april, Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 11:05pm
Wouldn't that only be correct if it stated that each ROW has 15 seats and not each section has 15? 3 sections/15 per section= 45 or if it was worded the same only saying each ROW has 15 then it would be 8x3x15? No???
math - yadi, Monday, August 25, 2014 at 5:32pm
why is it important to regroup correctly
math - Eugene, Monday, September 29, 2014 at 7:14pm
math - Hugo, Monday, August 31, 2015 at 8:52pm
Aren't u a teacher explain you're answer ms sue it's dumb
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - The school auditorium has 8 rows of seats, divided into 3 sections. Each ...
- math - The school auditorium has 8 rows of seats, divided into 3 setions. Each ...
- d - the school auditorium has 8 rows of seats, divided in three rows. Each ...
- math - This is an SAT prep question: There are 8 sections of seats in an ...
- 4th grade math - There are 112 seats in the school auditorium. There are 7 seats...
- math - there was 112 seats in the school auditorium.there are 7 rows of seats in...
- Math - There are 252 seats in an auditorium.The auditorium is divided into three...
- Trig - The first 40 rows of seating in a certain section of a stadium have 25 ...
- Math - An auditorium has 150 rows of seats. The first row has 15 seats, the ...
- Math - An auditorium has 50 rows of seats. The first row has 20 seats, the ...