Posted by April on Monday, September 10, 2012 at 7:19pm.
The ratio of red jelly beans to yellow jelly beans in a dish is 3:4. if greg eats 3 red jelly beans and 6 yellow ones, the ratio is 4;5. how many jelly beans were originally in the dish?
- Math - Reiny, Monday, September 10, 2012 at 9:02pm
in original jar:
number of reds = 3x
number of yellows = 4x
after the eating:
number of reds = 3x-3
number of yellows = 4x - 6
(3x-3)/(4x-6) = 4/5
16x - 24 = 15x - 15
x = 9
reds = 3(9) = 27
yellows = 4(9) = 36
total in jar = 63
check: 27 : 36 = 3 : 4
after eating: 24 : 30 = 4 : 5
- Math - Anonymous, Thursday, August 15, 2013 at 10:52pm
- Math - g f b b b, Tuesday, September 9, 2014 at 10:44pm
- Math - deez nutz, Wednesday, September 23, 2015 at 4:31pm
36 jellybeans on the dish
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - The ratio of red jelly beans to yellow jelly beans in a dish is 3:4. If ...
- math - The ratio of red jelly beans to yellow jelly beans in a dish is 2:3. If I...
- math - The ratio of red jelly beans to yellow jelly beans in a dish is 3.4. If ...
- math - danielle has 30 jelly beans and 18 green jelly beans. What is the ratio ...
- Math - Tory has 4 blue jelly beans, 6 red jelly beans, 5 yellow jelly beans, ...
- Math - In a bag of 400 jelly beans, 25% of the jelly beans are red in color. If ...
- math - one bag of jelly beans contains 14 red jelly beans. how many red jelly ...
- math - if greg eats 3 red jelly beans and 6 yellow ones how many yellow were ...
- Math - bill ate 1 jelly bean on sunday, 2 jelly beans on monday and 3 jelly ...
- statistics - Four jelly beans are selected, one at a time from a bowl containing...