Posted by Sarah on Sunday, July 29, 2012 at 10:16pm.
Which of the following is NOT something a group should do when it plans a collaborative writing project?
A. Divide the work ahead of time according to how the leader thinks it will best be done
B. Make your analysis of the problem, the audience, and your purposes explicit so you know where you agree and disagree
C. Build some leeway into the deadlines to accommodate late contributions
D. Consider your work styles and other commitment
2.Which of the following is NOT a good guideline to follow when writing to international audiences?
A. Write in the reader's language if you have any knowledge of the language at all; doing so greatly increases goodwill, even if you make mistakes.
B. Be aware that the reader benefits that would motivate a U.S. audience may need to be changed for international readers.
C. Avoid slang, contractions, and sports metaphors.
D. Make requests more indirect, unless you know that your reader understands North American behavior.
- business Communication - Ms. Sue, Sunday, July 29, 2012 at 10:18pm
I disagree with the first one, but agree with your second answer.
- business Communication - Sarah, Sunday, July 29, 2012 at 10:21pm
1. should be D consider your work styles and other commitment
- business Communication - Ms. Sue, Sunday, July 29, 2012 at 10:32pm
I still disagree.
I wouldn't set a flexible deadline. If you do that, then people will be tempted to turn their work in late.
Does your text disagree with this?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- business - Following is NOT something a group should do when it plans a ...
- BUSINESS - following is NOT something a group should do when it plans a ...
- Speech - Group communication should be evaluated according to which of the ...
- business - If a group does not formally vote during a meeting: a-the meeting is ...
- Technical Communication - Which of the following elements is a characteristic of...
- English - Revise the following paragraph, improving it without changing its ...
- Composition - Revise the following paragraph, improving it without changing its ...
- improving it without changing its overall meaning - Ever been assigned to work...
- management - Think of a recently completed group project that you have been ...
- business communication - caroline knows that, while her oral presentation skills...