Principles of Management - Effective Management
posted by Amanda on .
Please double check my answers please!
1. a team manager is resolving the conflicts that exist among the members of his team in an organization. this is an example of: a. planning b. organizing c. leading d. controlling
2. a manager at a grocery store is trying to figure out why an employee recruitment effort is not performing as expected. this is an example of: a manager at a grocery store is trying to figure out why an employee recruitment effort is not performing as expected. this is an example of: a. planning b. organizing c. leading d. controlling
3. managers who are responsible for the people who directly make a product are called: a. top managers b. middle managers. c. first-level managers. d. general managers.
4. Managers who make strategic and long-term decisions about the overall direction of the organization are likely to be: a. first-level managers b. middle managers. c. top managers. d. functional managers
5. A _______ manager is responsible for one organizational activity. A) first-line B) functional C) top-level D) General
6. According to Mintzberg's work, which of the following is NOT a type of role that managers play? A. analytical b. interpersonal c. informational d. decisional
7. betty, a manager is training new employees of the firm who will be working for her. Betty is performing the ______ role. a. leadership b. figurehead c. liaison d. technical
8. Chris, a manager, attends meetings of the local city government council to lobby for tax breaks for his company. Chris is performing the _______ role. A. leadership B. figurehead c. liaison D. technical
9. over breakfast, Jordan, a manager, scans the Wall Street Journal for information relevant to his company's industry. Jordan is performing the ______ role. a. disseminator b. entrepreneur c. monitor d. spokesperson.
10. Melvin, leader of a task force, is the Marketing Departments manager's office attempting to convince him to allow a particular member of the department to work on the task force. Melvin is operating in the _____ role. A) entrepreneur B) resource allocator c. disturbance handler d. negotiator
11. Which of the following is NOT one of the principal skills that managers need? a. technical b. conceptual c. human d. physical
12. Jo, a managing partner of a law firm understands tax law. This means she has a ______ skill. A. technical b. conceptual c. human d. intuitive
13. Conceptual skills are particularly important for _______ managers. A. first-line B. middle C. top D. functional
14. The core assumption of classical management theories is that: a. money is unlimited b. people are rational c. people are lazy. d. people will take on responsibility if it is offered to them.
15. the approach that is concerned with managing the total organization is: a. scientific management. b. human relations. c. administrative management d. systems approach.
16. the problem with the classical approach is that it: a. overemphasizes human needs. b. is too complicated. c. doesn't improve productivity. d. views humans as cogs in a machine
17. Which of the following is one of the behavioral viewpoints? a. human resource management b. human relations c. operations management d. administrative theory.
18. ______ focuses on managing the production and delivery of an organizations products or services. a. operations management b. operations research c. management science. d. administrative management.
19. the four parts of a system include all EXCEPT of the following. Which one? A. feedback b. inputs c. outputs d. workers
20. ______ are the organization's capabilities in management and technology that are applied to converting inputs into outputs. a. inputs b. transformational processes c. outputs d. organizational processes.
I am trying to enter the corse work today, please help!
I'm not a business expert, and don't know about 6 and 19. I believe that 3, 7, and 16 are wrong. Please check your book.
The others appear to be right.
Do you know of a Business Expert on here that could also double check my work?
Are you a business expert? I saw your responses under the business catagory?
I'm not a business expert. Whenever I have answered business questions before, it's because I'm relying on clear definitions of all the terms/words/phrases involved.
Be sure to look up words here:
And make sure you are 100% confident about what each and every word means in each sentence and among the answer choices.
# 2 3 6 7 13 14 16 17 are wrong